This pancake recipe comes from Patricia’s grandmother on her father’s side. They’re fluffy and light and go really well with Maple Syrup.
- 1 ½ cups flour (can use whole wheat)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter or shortening
- ¼ tsp vanilla (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together
- Make sure the mix is consistent and there are no lumps
- Heat the pan to a medium heat
- Pour large drops into a non-stick or greased frying pan
- Turn once during frying so both sides are golden
You can keep the pancakes warm in the oven while cooking them and then serve everyone at the same time. Garnish with maple syrup, cinnamon, or cake sprinkles!
And if you don’t finish the whole batch this breakfast, then put the left-overs into a freezer bag and save for another day. Just pop them in the toaster and they’re ready in no time.